I experienced an issue today with a Windows 7 Professional computer that was joined to a domain. The user was able to access all network shares except for the Users shares which had a grey X on the folder icon. To fix this issue you have to re-initialize the cache of offline files.
- Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
- Locate the following registry subkey, and then right-click it:
- Point to New, and then click Key.
- Type Parameters in the box.
- Right-click Parameters, point to New, and then click DWORD (32-bit)Value.
- Type FormatDatabase, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click FormatDatabase, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.